Right Channeling in Action
The Right ChannelingSM methodology allows us to generate the data and analytics to provide you with business intelligence that drives new business initiatives.
- Channel Choice. Right ChannelingSM is based on choice. A client can choose the right channels of communication for its customers, or it can let the customers choose their preferred methods of contact. The first step of Right ChannelingSM is for TOS and the client company to choose the approach to customer interaction, based on business goals and objectives.
- The Customer. The customer's first experience is when he or she chooses their preferred means of communication – this is often influenced by time and cost factors. 'How long will I have to wait on hold?' 'Is there an option to pay for support?'
- Self-Help Channels. If self-help has been selected, the choices may include a self-help portal that functions as an advanced knowledgebase. Also available within self-help, the customer may find Interactive Voice Response (IVR) and online forums. All self-help options generally allow a customer to switch to live support at any time.
- Live Support Channels. If the customer is right channeled to live support, the communication choices may range from email and chat to toll free phone or pay-for-service phone.
- Business Intelligence. Through Right ChannelingSM, both live support and self-help provide data that is categorized and banked in the TOS Business Intelligence data warehouse of information. TOS and the client can then access the information to analyze relevant customer interaction data and results. This business intelligence feeds back into the system to optimize Right ChannelingSM.
- Adaptive System. One of the benefits of Right ChannelingSM is that the methodology can be adapted to changing situations. Depending on results and goals, the communication channel mix can be dynamically shifted.
- Benefits of Right ChannelingSM. The channels include free phone, fee phone, voice self-service, web self-service, chat (proactive and service/support), forums and email.